Fill in the missing letters and create new words in this quick and easy sub-30 minute Platinum.
Lightwood Games are back with another of their word-based POWGI puzzle games. This time your objective is to fill in the missing letter for a variety of words. By completing each of the words, the letter you enter will go towards making a new word from scratch. Once you complete all the words in a puzzle you'll be rewarded with a joke themed around the word you've created. It's good fun and uses your brain, but all of the levels are pre-defined so you can use a walkthrough to enter the answers in around 10 seconds per level should you wish to rush through it.
You'll need to complete 50 levels in total for the Platinum, but this includes specific levels (not just the first 50 in a row), however as discussed, each level shouldn't take you more than about 20 seconds so it's a reasonably quick Platinum if that's what you're playing for.
- Release Date: 20th July, 2021
- Publisher: Lightwood Games
- Date Started: 21st July, 2021
- Date Completed: 21st July, 2021
- Version Played: Digital
- Price: £6.49 (PS4 & PS5 Version Bundle)
- It's quite quick, easy and fun.
- You can use a guide to complete the levels in 10-15 seconds each as all levels are pre-defined.
- Some of the jokes are clever, if not actually funny.
- Two Platinums for one purchase price.
- £6.49 is at the top end of what I'm willing to pay for an easy/quick Platinum game, although the fact it includes the PS4 and PS5 version makes it slightly more appealing.
- Don't expect much variation in the gameplay. Every level is essentially the same. Sometimes you'll have more words to complete but once you've done the first level you'll know what's in store for the next 50.
POWGI games nearly always have a trophy where you have to write something inappropriate. You'll unlock this one by writing the word PENIS as an incorrect answer, which can be done on level 16. Besides that, nearly all of the trophies will pop naturally as you play through the 50 required levels.
Helpful Tips / Bugs / Glitches / Exploits
None required. Using a guide is the fastest way to completion. You'll need to complete a few misc requirements while working through the puzzles such as:
- Completing a puzzle in under a minute
- Complete a puzzle making no mistakes
- Waiting a minute before making your next move
- Incorrectly filling in all gaps in a puzzle
- Using 'fix' to correct 8 mistakes at once
- Reset a puzzle back to the beginning
- Enter PENIS as a wrong answer for one 5-letter puzzle.
Everything else should come naturally as you work through the following levels:
- Puzzles 1 to 38
- Puzzle 41
- Puzzle 45
- Puzzle 49
- Puzzle 53
- Puzzle 60
- Puzzle 69
- Puzzle 76
- Puzzle 82
- Puzzle 100
- Puzzle 117
- Puzzle 128
- Puzzle 150
Platinum Difficulty Rating - 1/10
It will certainly take more time and effort without a guide, but the game is pretty straight forward so even without one it shouldn't cause too many problems.
Platinum Time - 20-30 Mins
If you really pushed yourself, this game could probably be completed in 10-15 minutes, but taking your time with a guide, you should easily have the Platinum in under 30 mins.
Platinum Enjoyment Rating - 8/10
Quick and easy and I'm glad it only required 50 or so levels rather than the full 150 or it might have felt a bit more grindy.
Overall Game Rating - 7/10
It's a fun game and comes with a pretty easy Platinum which is always good. The game itself is a good way to kill a bit of time while training your brain and there's joke rewards for you to enjoy after each level too. Definitely recommended to anyone who enjoys word based puzzles.
Here are my most recent Platinum Trophies up to and including this game.
||Gaps by POWGI
|21st July 2021
||Gaps by POWGI
|21st July 2021
||The Gem Collector
|20th July 2021
||Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
|19th July 2021
||Track (Challenge Mode Edition): Breakthrough Gaming Arcade
|18th July 2021
This article has been viewed 325 times. Thanks for your support!
0 Comments Add Your Comment