Take control of Detective James Labbett as he stumbles into an adventure to discover what happened to infamous pirate Thomas Tew.
Despite the long name, the game itself can be finished within 30 minutes. It plays like a traditional point and click adventure. Move the cursor with the left analog stick and press X to make James walk to an area. Hold X and you'll open up a contextual menu where you can either move the analog stick up to look at an item, or down to interact with it. Any items you pick up will go into your inventory and can be combined with other items or used on objects in the world and you'll have to do this throughout the game to solve clues and puzzles.
- Release Date: 23rd April, 2021
- Publisher: Ratalaika Games SL
- Developer: Because Because Games
- Date Started: 20th May, 2021
- Date Completed: 20th May, 2021
- Version Played: Digital
- Price: £2.79 (PS4 & PS5 Version Bundle)
- Quick and easy to complete.
- PS4 & PS5 bundle, so two Platinums for one low price.
- Some interesting locations and lots of items and characters to interact with.
- Some of the worst voice acting ever heard in a video game. It's obvious that the same person has done most of the voices and the actual quality of the sound recording isn't great.
- The walk cycle animations are awful, especially when walking up and down back alleys. It's actually funny how bad they are. That might be the intention, but I suspect not.
- The controls took some getting used to. The contextual controls for looking and interacting could have been so much easier by making each of them a separate button, e.g. Triangle to view and Square to interact.
- TURNING OVER A NEW LEAF - Finish the game.
It's certainly much quicker to use a walkthrough to guide you through the game, but none of the trophies are difficult. You'll get them all by the time you complete the story.
Helpful Tips / Bugs / Glitches / Exploits
There are no exploits. One tip may be to change the setting to turn the voices off as they're really not great. You can also mash X or Circle during dialogue to skip some of it. Otherwise just use a walkthrough to grab the Platinum in under 30 minutes.
Platinum Difficulty Rating - 1/10
There are no dangers and no way of failing at any point as far as I'm aware. All you need to do is complete the story at your leisure.
Platinum Time - 20-30 Mins
It might take an hour or so if you play the whole game blind without a guide, but it's easily doable within 30 minutes with a walkthrough.
Platinum Enjoyment Rating - 9/10
I found the story quite entertaining and it wasn't at all challenging. I actually Platinum'd it over my lunch hour at work so in terms of trophy hunting, this is a pretty good game for a good price.
Overall Game Rating - 7/10
To be fair, the story is quite decent and a lot of effort has clearly been put into the development by a small team, but it's not very polished. The voice acting is poor and the animations aren't the best but given it's a short game, it was actually quite fun. I'm not sure I'd recommend it to non-trophy hunters, but if you're looking for a quick and easy Platinum (or two) it's definitely worth the price.
Here are my most recent Platinum Trophies up to and including this game.
This article has been viewed 799 times. Thanks for your support!
Add Your Comment
There are currently no comments for this article.