Pinkman+ is a fast-paced and fun 2D platformer where the colour palette changes every time you die. Boost across gaps with your jetpack or wall jump to safety in this quick and easy Platinum.
In order to unlock the Platinum trophy, you'll have to complete 45 levels. While that might sound daunting, the majority of them can be completed in under 20 seconds. The game also provides very friendly checkpoints throughout some of the longer levels, meaning you'll only lose a few seconds of progress if you die.
Pinkman has a jetpack with limited fuel which recharges after a few seconds so you need to be tactical on how you use it. Most levels require you to avoid spikes, activate switches and reach the opened door to complete, however as you get later into the game, additional hazards are thrown your way like moving platforms and heat-seeking missiles which can be tricky to avoid.
- Release Date: 12th March, 2021
- Publisher: Ratalaika Games SL
- Date Started: 12th March, 2021
- Date Completed: 12th March, 2021
- Version Played: Digital
- Price: £3.99 (PS4 & PS5 Version Bundle)
- Very fast paced and fun. Almost no load times so when you die you're immediately back in the action.
- Awesome 80's-inspired electronic soundtrack which reminds me a bit of Scarface for some reason.
- Quick and easy.
- No combat, just simply avoid dangers and hit all of the switches in each level to unlock the exit door.
- Two Platinum's for the price of one.
- The only bad thing I could say about this game is that I installed it right after midnight when it released on the PlayStation Store and after completing the PS5 version, none of my trophies would show up on the system. The trophies popped while I played the game, but they wouldn't show up in my Trophies area or sync with the PlayStation Network. I imagine this is just a configuration error at Sony's end because the PS4 version worked fine.
- Ratalaika Games were straight on the issue and got everything fixed later that day!
- Level 45! - Complete 45 levels.
Nearly all of the levels are easy and you should be able to complete them in 2-3 attempts, but there were a couple in the middle of the game where for whatever reason I didn't get the jumping rhythm right and got stuck for a few minutes. Level 45 is as far as you need to go for the Platinum, so ultimately to get to this point you've been past all of the difficult bits.
Helpful Tips / Bugs / Glitches / Exploits
None required. Sometimes it's better to tap Circle for small jetpack boosts rather than hold it or hard press it, but the game is pretty straightforward.
Platinum Difficulty Rating - 1/10
There are a few slightly tricky parts of some levels, but nothing you can't get past with a bit of trial and error. Very easy and quick Platinum.
Platinum Time - 20-40 Mins
You won't need a guide for this game. All of the levels are fairly small and it's obvious what you need to do. If you got through every level on your first attempt I think you could probably do it in under 20 minutes, but if it's your first play through I reckon somewhere around 30-40 mins is more manageable.
Platinum Enjoyment Rating - 10/10
I really enjoyed the game. It was like a fast-paced puzzle game in a way and because you respawn instantly when you die it just felt like it needed more like muscle memory to learn the levels rather than getting stressed about failing. It's very easy, quick and you get 2 Platinum's for the price of one (PS4 & PS5) so it's worth every penny.
Overall Game Rating - 9/10
For a visually basic looking game, it's really well done. The soundtrack is great and the controls are fluid. Graphically the game is about as basic as you can get, but that takes nothing away from the fact it's just fun to play. If you're looking for a new game with 2 cheap and easy Platinums for under an hour of gameplay, this is definitely high up there on my list of reccommendations.
Here are my most recent Platinum Trophies up to and including this game.
||12th March 2021
||12th March 2021
||Intruders: Hide and Seek
||10th March 2021
||Act It Out XL!
||10th March 2021
||9th March 2021
This article has been viewed 620 times. Thanks for your support!
0 Comments Add Your Comment